Welcome back to a regular work week! I hope you all had an AMAZING Thanksgiving day with friends and family. Last week for me, our family, and church broke down like this:
- Spent the first part of the week recovering from my trip to Indiana where I got to speak to 80 teens at an All-Nighter.
- Shopped, prepped, and cooked Thanksgiving dinner with my family. Pics and recipes coming soon, I swear!
- Ate food, played with kids, and spent time with my wife. So grateful for all the good things God has blessed us with!
- Stayed up way too late playing video games as my coupon clipping, sale-hunting, savings queen-of-the-universe wife (official title) left at 11:30 Thanksgiving night to spend the next 8 hours systematically hitting the best black-Friday sales available. She spent far less than most. God loves me…
- Took wife and kids to the Festival of Trees Saturday morning. Ran into a friend from church who gave us a $10 punch card to play the games. I love our church family! We all had a great time together.
- Got our worship on Saturday night with a good crowd. Saw more visitors, some from out of town visiting family. We worshiped like we loved Jesus, preached God’s Word, and people gave their lives to Christ. Jesus is awesome!
- Came back Sunday morning to see more of our out-of-town college students. I love their generation! They are world-changers… you watch and see!
- Came home, cleaned the house from a crazy week and watched Iron Chef America with the newest Iron Chef winning his first battle. I’m a food nerd… I can’t help it.
I hope you have a great week getting back into your routines. May you experience God’s blessings and power in your life. I look forward to seeing many of you back this Saturday for our new series “Shine.” More on that later this week!