I have about a dozen BIG goals for my life (in no particular order):
- Love my kids, and teach them to be good adult followers of Christ.
- Pastor for 30+ years.
- Train up another generation of church leaders.
- Be a voice that calls my generation to it’s potential.
- Be a part of a national/worldwide revival.
- Start churches on every inhabited continent.
- Lead without a paycheck one day…
- Give more than half of my total life’s earnings away.
And I pray for these things daily. These are not just goals and wishful thoughts. I want to see each of these things happen one day. But I made a decision about 12 years ago that still guides me and is at the heart of everything I do. By now, someone is thinking up some great spiritual answer like, “Love God with all your heart, soul, and mind.” Yeah, but that’s more of a mission statement than a goal.
If I fail at everything I set my heart and mind to do, Oh Lord, let me succeed at this one thing – to love 1 woman my whole life. Unconditional,ly passionately, unwavering, uncompromising. And earn her love in return.
I love the church. I love the calling that God has placed on my life, to serve in ministry. I love the people that I get to serve with, both here at Edgewood and around the world. I couldn’t picture doing anything else with my life (which is great, cause I’m not good at alot of other things). But every thing else pales in comparison to my undying love and commitment to my first calling: Tiffany Markum.
I love you, sweetheart. Besides Jesus, you’re the best thing God ever gave me.