Right now, if you’re a part of our church family at LifeCity Church, you know that we’re doing a big fundraiser/special offering for February 25, as we move into our new office, get ready for Easter, and plan for our future.
I wanted to take a minute to share more about why we give to offerings like this. Yes, it funds the work of our church. But it does something good for us personally as well when we give.
Every time in the Scriptures that God asks people for anything, it ultimately worked out to their benefit more than anything else. Because God multiplies whatever we give Him.
Here are a few examples from Scripture:
- Jesus fed well over 5,000 people with 12 baskets of leftovers from the 5 loaves and 2 fish given to him by a boy! (John 6:1-14)
- A widow’s olive oil was multiplied to pay her debts, and live on. (1 Kings 4:1-7)
- A lady and her son gave their only food to the prophet, and God multiplied the tiny amount so that they never ran out! (1 Kings 17:8-16)
- When we honor God with our first and our best, He does the same for us. (Proverbs 3:9-10)
- Tithing enables us to receive God’s abundance. (Malachi 3:10)
- No matter how generous we are, we can never out-give God! (Luke 6:38)
- Every good “seed” we plant in our lives, reaps a harvest far greater. (Galatians 6:8-10)
God multiplies everything we give Him!
Knowing this, as followers of Jesus, we should be eager to give Him everything. No, we’re not expecting you to give your entire net worth in our offering. But we should have a posture that says, “God if you ask it of me, the answer is already YES!” My time. My relationships. My wealth. My all.
Funny. Christians are quick to confess that we trust God with our soul, but then somehow often get weird and squeamish when it comes to trusting Him with our money!
But may we approach generosity differently. May we approach it, not with an attitude of “what do I have to give?” and instead come with an attitude that says, “what am I able to give?”
Our special offering is Sunday, February 25 – you can give online right here (select “Future Initiatives” so we know it’s toward the special offering). Or in service that Sunday. I look forward to sharing the results with everyone, because I KNOW God is going to show up and show off as we watch Him multiply what we bring to Him together!
Checkout this video for a quick explanation of what we’re praying God does!